Skip to main content

American gospel music artist, Donnie McClurkin, survives car accident



Oredola Adeola |

American gospel music minister,  Pastor Donnie McClurkin on Wednesday morning survived a fatal car accident while driving on the highway.

Donnie in the hospital


Releasing the details of the unfortunate incident on his official Facebook page, the gospel musician, who was one of the guest ministers that performed at the 2018 edition of The Experience in Nigeria, wrote :-

“I was in a serious accident at 12:50am this morning...passed out while driving on the highway. Totaled the car...hospitalized, going through a myriad of tests.....



But I’m alive!!!

“Lost consciousness driving...but two human angels followed my swerving car with their emergency blinkers onto stop traffic ....drove behind me until my car crashed into the middle concrete island.

"I remember none of it except those two angels pulling me out of the passengers side of the crumbled TOTALED car..airbags deployed...crushed metal and Fiberglas!!

I AM ALIVE!!!!

Somewhat mangled, stitches on left thumb, sprained wrist, hurt knee, but I’m still here! God and two angels saved my life.

Explaining how it all happened, he said,  “ "Things happen in life that we can’t always explain.  I was leaving a rehearsal at church and somehow lost consciousness while driving home.



"I actually don’t recall much of anything, but being removed from the car by two God-sent individuals, who trailed behind my car with their emergency lights blinking.

‘Because of their immediate reaction, no one else was hurt, and I’m truly grateful for that. I’m dealing with a few bumps and bruises, but I have been released from the hospital and doing fine. Praise God!

In a recent post on facebook, after leaving the hospital, Donnie wrote, “A day and a half ago, I was in an accident that almost took my life....

" Today I’m in Kenya ..Sunday I’ll be in PFC ..praising God for His miraculous power of life over death !!!! Thank you, EVERYONE for praying for me...THANK YOU!!! The prayers of the righteous!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MMA is a disgrace to Nigeria, the designer is a traitor – Tunde Alabi-Hundeyin writes VP Osinbajo

Oredola Adeola|  Movie and Documentary producer, Tunde Alabi-Hundeyin Dudu, has exposed the level of rot at the Muritala Muhammed Airport, Lagos in an open letter written to Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President. In the letter, the Documentary photographer, disclosed that the arrival system in Muritala Muhammed airport is a disgrace to Nigeria. He particularly noted that Nigeria has no aviation Minister, adding that whosoever designed the arrival system in MMA is a traitor. Tunde Alabi-Hundeyin He said, “Sir I’m directing my comments to you because I’m aware you toured that airport before the elections. They showed you the glittering lounges . However when you arrive in Nigeria or you go to receive someone arriving, it’s a horror story. It’s a total disgrace. Let me explain. “I had cause to go and welcome someone coming in from the US. We parked in the designated car park. Then the obstacles started. The path you have to trek to get to the front of the arrival hal...

2019 Hajj: Six Nigerian pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia

A middle aged woman, pilgrim from Lagos State, slumped and died in the early hours of Sunday morning in Mecca during the devil stoning ritual at Jamarat Aqaba, outside Mina, thereby bringing the number of Nigerian pilgrims that have died in this year’s Hajj in Saudi Arabia to six(6). The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria confirmed the death of the Nigerian pilgrims in Saudi Arabia . Dr Ibrahim Kana , Chairman, National Medical Team, released the figure in Madinah from the commission ’s National Medical Team Electronic Health Medical Records. The Commission had earlier said, “ So far , Nigeria has lost six pilgrims including four females and two males ; out of which one died in Madina while the remaining four died in the city of Makkah. “ They all died of various illnesses including heart and lung diseases. “ Records shows that so far in both Makkah and Madina , we have made 10,485 diagnoses with Makkah accounting for over 60 per cent. “ Additionally , 108 referrals wer...

Ajaokuta Steel plant up for sale again!

Oredola Adeola| The Federal Government through its ongoing privatisation programme has put Ajaokuta Steel Company up for sale. This was confirmed by Godwin Emefiele, Central Bank of Nigeria, Governor while briefing the Nigerian delegation at the end of the International Monetary Fund/ World Bank Group meetings in Bali, Indonesia on Sunday. The CBN Governor disclosed that the privatisation programme is coordinated by the National Council on Privatisation, while the Bureau of Public Enterprise (BPE) will be conducting a total review of the process of privatisation and payment for the steel industry to pave way for investors. He further stated that some of the country’s assets have been up for sale, under the ongoing privatisation programme, with the aim of raising more funds to finance the 2018 deficit-based budget.  Recall that work commenced on the steel plant in 1979 and over $10 billion is estimated to have been spent on it so far. A recent audit report revealed that...