Skip to main content

#UFC 253: Nigeria's Israel Adesanya emerges as middleweight champion with 19-0 record


Nigeria's UFC middleweight champion Israel Adesanya has again showed that he remains  UFC 253 undisputed champion by outclassing his challenger, Brazilian, Paulo Costa, at the Saturday night title fight with a 19-0 record. 



The Saturday's stylishly dominant victory was held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. 


During the fight, he spent a full round beating up Costa's lead leg, finishing the Brazilain with punches in the second round.


He exhibited his prowess  by keeping distance and unloaded kicks on Costa's lead leg, alternating between kicks to the outside and stomp kicks to the knee. Throughout the fight his footwork was on-point.


The Champion was declared winner when the referee halted action at the 3:59 mark of Round 2.


In his victorious remark, Israel said, "I still don't like him. I don't know him personally, I don't wish he dies or anything, he's alive, I let him be alive.


 "This is the game we play, this is violence and I told you guys that it was going to be violent and I said it, it's going to be violent and it's going to end fast and that's what I did. I'm fresh, I can go next weekend, I can go anytime. I want to spend time with my family because it's been a crazy year, so I want to go spend time with my people.


"I've been telling you guys, but everyone thinks ... like Roy Jones said, 'Y'all must have forgot' because of what happened last time. I had to remind the world who's the best," he concluded.


He has however challenged, America's top-ranked middleweight contender, DMed Jared Cannonier to a fight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MMA is a disgrace to Nigeria, the designer is a traitor – Tunde Alabi-Hundeyin writes VP Osinbajo

Oredola Adeola|  Movie and Documentary producer, Tunde Alabi-Hundeyin Dudu, has exposed the level of rot at the Muritala Muhammed Airport, Lagos in an open letter written to Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President. In the letter, the Documentary photographer, disclosed that the arrival system in Muritala Muhammed airport is a disgrace to Nigeria. He particularly noted that Nigeria has no aviation Minister, adding that whosoever designed the arrival system in MMA is a traitor. Tunde Alabi-Hundeyin He said, “Sir I’m directing my comments to you because I’m aware you toured that airport before the elections. They showed you the glittering lounges . However when you arrive in Nigeria or you go to receive someone arriving, it’s a horror story. It’s a total disgrace. Let me explain. “I had cause to go and welcome someone coming in from the US. We parked in the designated car park. Then the obstacles started. The path you have to trek to get to the front of the arrival hal...

2019 Hajj: Six Nigerian pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia

A middle aged woman, pilgrim from Lagos State, slumped and died in the early hours of Sunday morning in Mecca during the devil stoning ritual at Jamarat Aqaba, outside Mina, thereby bringing the number of Nigerian pilgrims that have died in this year’s Hajj in Saudi Arabia to six(6). The National Hajj Commission of Nigeria confirmed the death of the Nigerian pilgrims in Saudi Arabia . Dr Ibrahim Kana , Chairman, National Medical Team, released the figure in Madinah from the commission ’s National Medical Team Electronic Health Medical Records. The Commission had earlier said, “ So far , Nigeria has lost six pilgrims including four females and two males ; out of which one died in Madina while the remaining four died in the city of Makkah. “ They all died of various illnesses including heart and lung diseases. “ Records shows that so far in both Makkah and Madina , we have made 10,485 diagnoses with Makkah accounting for over 60 per cent. “ Additionally , 108 referrals wer...

Rosatom's TVEL, AllWeld Nuclear, industrial agree to cooperate nuclear backend area

Allen Atwiine, Uganda  The TVEL JSC, Managing Company of Rosatom's Fuel Division, and AllWeld Nuclear and Industrial, a South African firm, have signed a Memorandum of Cooperation which is focused on decommissioning and radioactive waste (RW) management at nuclear facilities in South Africa. The memorandum was signed by the party during the African Energy Week (AEW) 2024 in Cape Town on Tuesday.  The Editorials gathered that the Memoradium outlined a framework for cooperation and the implementation of joint initiatives.  Our correspondent gathered that the document was signed by Eduard Nikitin, Director for Decommissioning and RW Management at TVEL JSC, and Mervyn Fischer, CEO of AllWeld Nuclear and Industrial. Nikitin explained that the memorandum outlined plans for collaborative efforts in scientific, technical, and commercial activities related to the decommissioning of nuclear power plants and other facilities that pose nuclear and radiation hazards. He said, "The key...